Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bye Bye Mumphrey

With Mumphrey
I have a t-shirt that 2 teammates of mine gave me in college. The front reads, "Super Jo" with the back reading, "with the killer pony-tail!" It's true - my pony-tail (named Mumphrey by Courtney Asay) has been known to be a bit violent, but over the years, he (Courtney says Mumphrey is a he!) has always been with me! I can't really remember a time when I had short hair. I've always had long hair. Jo (my nickname in college which I'm thinking I may revive since I miss it so much) and long hair have always been synonymous! People asked to touch it. People wondered how so much hair got on one head. And I've even heard someone yell, "I love your hair!" as I ran by on the field. It seemed we were inseparable. Two peas in a pod. I never thought there would be a time when Mumphrey and I would part ways . . . but we did! I cut my hair! It's been a little over a month but I figured Mumphry deserved to be blogged about. I love the new look but I miss the old. I'm sure in a year or less Mumphrey will return. :) (I never really realized how creepy it is that my hair had it's own name. THANKS COURTNEY!)

No More!

5 comments:

Chris & Carolyn said...

I remember my sophomore year, I had a cute little freshman roommate. And that was the last time you had short hair. You sure are a beauty !!

Kera said...

isn't it good to know that you look absolutely STUNNING both ways. i mean wow. Sometimes a little cut here and there freshens things up a bit. Oh, and I can't imagine calling you anything other than Jo.

Meggan said...

I love the new cut....it has got to feel good in the summer and less time getting ready.

Anonymous said...

Oh my 'Super Jo'! That looks really good! I guess Amy and I will have to figure out a new t-shirt to make for you. :) I will try to brainstorm with Amy before I leave for BCT. :)

Alex and Anna said...

Jo your hair looks great!!! I bet it was weird when you got in the shower and there wasn't much to shampoo. that was the weirdest to me! you look great! your blog is so cute too!