This year for Valentine's Day, Shane and I celebrated twice! The first celebration was Philippino style. We went to a Philippino-American party on Feb. 13th that featured fairly authentic food, a DJ, a rap group, several soloists, dancing, door prizes, a King and Queen, and oodles of fun!The night was made much more enjoyable because my friend Alyece and Shane's mission buddy, James went too. We all agreed that the party was wierd, goofy, and somewhat bizarre, but
it was super fun.My most favorite awkward moment of the evening was when Nelly (yes his name is Nelly) and his two buddies from Ogden rapped for us. They claim to be the first philippino rap group in Utah. (I'm pretty sure they will hold claim to the title of the ONLY philippino rap group in Utah.) There were many "Yo Yo Yo's" and "Yeah Yeah Yeahs" accompanied by the typical rapping gestures. All of this was done in the cultural hall of a church - is that allowed?
Shane and I competed to be the King and Queen of the evening. Our first challenge was to dance with a tangelo between us. We lasted quite awhile but lost when the tangelo ended up in Shanes eye instead of on his forehead. I was hurt for a bit that we didn't win, however, I knew they had found the true King and Queen when they entered for the first time and the Queen (a little philippino lady) raised the roof several times. Who could ask for better royalty?

On the real Valentine's Day, Shane and I went to the temple, played with Kita in the snow, and then Shane made us dinner and we snuggled up to one of our favorite movies, "The In-Laws." It was a great Valentine's Day!
6 comments:
Looks cold there you guys! you better come visit just to warm up a bit! I won't leave you in suspense for that long so the grand total of our silly lock problem..$725!! Ouch! Hope all is well! Can't wait to see you guys!
Sounds like a crazy party!! I expect you two to win the royalty next time!
Hi Twinner! Looks like quite a fun time you had! Are you guys living back together now? In Utah? Anyway, I haven't talked to you for awhile, I hope all is well! Miss you're smiling face!
Yay an update!! Hope you guys are doing well.
Hey! Neither of you are Philippino...
I still can't figure out where you live and what you're doing there.
Hi guys!
Looks like a fun party, and valentines celebration. how are you liking utah? and you are in school too right? Don't forget you can come out and visit us in maui anytime!
Post a Comment