Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Club goes to a Corn Maze

You should always take a picture of the maze with your phone. Then you can use it as a map and you'll get lost a lot less. Even with this picture as our map we were in the maze for a good hour +. (I think boy scouts should only be able to get their cartographer merit badge after successfully using a picture of a maze to get out of a maze...Just an idea.)



Heath and Sarah Simmons, Brent and Carlene Albrechtsen, Justin and Kamarie Fernandes, and us.

"The Club" is the nickname I've given to the 3 couples plus Shane and me that seem to hang out at one point or another every weekend. Our club isn't exclusive - we invite others to hang out with us all the time - somehow it always ends up just being us. We will show up on each others doorsteps unannounced, go to movies on a whim, camp, exercise, play games, and eat lots of dessert. One time we went to a corn maze. It was pretty awesome!


I love how we are to the point in knowing each other that we can just be ourselves... I know that may sound weird but in all honesty, even if you are married, going out with other couples is just like dating again. You have to feel out the other couple and make sure you hide your own weirdness long enough so once it shines through the other couple will still want to be your friends.



I love each of these people!! They are uplifting, amazing friends, supportive, entertaining, wonderful examples, and just plain fun!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So fun! Everyone needs to belong to a "club"