Saturday, December 24, 2011

Because we ran out...

We ran out of Christmas cards... if we didn't get one to you we are sorry. There are already 20 people we've added to our list for next year. Here is our card for 2011. Oh and yes, we (I) write a full page about just Shane and me. I'm impressed by people who only write a paragraph for their letter. I like to talk whether it's vocal or on paper... Merry Christmas!

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays!

I’m relieved to be writing this Christmas letter because it means that I’m done with finals…for the 15th time. (Seriously, I’ve been in college long enough to have had 15 finals weeks!) Just like every year, this one sure has flown by. While we look forward to the 2012, we sure are going to miss 2011!

Shane continues to amaze me as he works diligently and passionately in the financial realm, at church and with anything he pursues. He works for Atlas Financial as a financial representative and really enjoys working with each of his clients. I can see that he truly cares for everyone he associates with regardless if it’s at the office or at church. Shane is currently serving as Elder’s Quorum President which has blessed us immensely as we’ve been able to have so many from the ward come to our home for get-togethers. Shane really got into road biking this year and is pretty amazing at it. (I know b/c all his dude friends tell me so, plus I went riding with him once, and I just about died.)

I’ve been truckin’ right along with school and can’t believe I only have one more semester until I’ll have my degree in Dental Hygiene. With 2 bachelor’s degrees completed I wonder what I’ll get a degree in next…aviation?!? I worked this summer at a dental office as a hygiene assistant to get some work experience, and they offered me a job as a hygienist as soon as a graduate. (This is a huge blessing since there are few jobs in hygiene in Utah County.) I’m currently serving as a Relief Society teacher which has given me an appreciation for teachers everywhere. As always, I’m playing as much soccer as I can. I play on two competitive coed teams and look forward to my games every week.

Shane and I have such awesome friends here in Provo that we get a little sad about the thought of moving someday. We never have a free weekend b/c there is always an adventure to go on with friends, which we love! Shane and I discovered snowshoeing and camping this year. Both are exceptionally fun and plus Kita can go too so it bodes well for her. We also did a Turkey Trot over Thanksgiving with Shane’s family. We are hoping to make it a family tradition.

We were able to go on a few trips this year to explore possible places to move to in the future as well as to visit for fun. We roamed around Phoenix in May and then Austin in June with some friends of ours. We also got a free trip to New York as part of Shane’s work. We loved every place we went, so who knows where we will end up! (I’m voting for Australia – or at least a trip to check it out!)

We were Auntie Jo and Uncle Shane twice over this year. In March, Cody and Kara welcomed Cooper John and then just a few weeks ago Valarie and Duane welcomed Taylor Renae (we call her Gumdrop). We are in love with both of them!

We are grateful for the love, laughter, support and friendship we share with you. It is the Savior and the people in our lives that buoy us up. Thank you! We hope you finish out this year on a high note and enjoy a wonderful new year!

Shane & Alyssa “Jo” Markham

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Add me to your list too! I'm really going to try to get around to doing cards next year!!:)

Angie said...

We ran out of cards too! I hope you got one but I don't remember! Loved yours. :) You're so good for writing a letter!