Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving in warmer weather

We headed south for Thanksgiving. My lovely bro and sis-in-law (Ryan and Kylie) bought a house in Gilbert and they were brave enough to host the rest of the family for the turkey festivities. Shane and I almost didn't make it since we found ourselves throwing up the night before we were supposed to leave. I won't go into detail on being sick, but we got better and made it!

Shane started a great holiday tradition by conning us into running a 10k on Thanksgiving. We all look so ecstatic!! It was a lot of fun and Shane even finished before me. He is very proud. I've told him for years he is a great runner and athlete. He didn't believe me...maybe now he will.
We kept our physical activities up by hiking Camelback Mountain on Saturday. Shane and I hiked it when we visited AZ in May but we didn't summit. We made it to the top this time.









Kita doesn't look very athletic with her tongue hanging out and all...

These two characters took over beds that didn't belong to them.
If we tell Kita something is too small forher she does her darnedest to prove us wrong.

It isn't a family gathering unless we play a round of "Hand and Foot." I'm loosening up with my strictness with cards...it's been tough to do but I'm overcoming my illness. ;)
We ended the week with family photos. Of course we groaned and drug our feet, but I think most of that is just because you are supposed to groan and drag your feet when it's time to take family photos. I think they turned out pretty darn swell!


2 comments:

Kara and Cody Markham said...

I am laughing so hard at the first picture of Ryan. He looks like he just rolled out of bed:)
AZ was so fun, glad we got to spend the holidays with you guys!!

Angie said...

You guys look so great! Arizona looks like so much fun and a great place to be at thanksgiving - nice and warm! I think running a race on Thanksgiving morning is a great plan - work up a good appetite before the big meal! :)