Sunday, August 5, 2012

Courage Classic July 21-23

Grant, Seth, and Shane
There is a fabulous fundraiser for the Colorado Children's Hospital called the Courage Classic.  It's a 3 day bike tour in the beautiful mountains of Colorado and Shane was able to participate this year.  Over the course of the 3 days Shane rode 187 miles.

Day 1 = 43 miles
Day 2 = 110 miles
Day 3 = 34 miles

Day 2 was Shane's very first century ride.  He was a tired but very happy man once that was over.  I am incredibly proud of what he did.  (110 miles on a bike is like running a marathon - it's kind of a big deal.) 

Shane got on the team thanks to a friend who was already signed up.  He knew Shane liked to ride and invited him to join.  I'm so grateful he did because I saw a lot of amazing scenery and smiles from Shane that weekend.

Found a REALLY green lake
Just finished 110 miles
Shane's ice bath following each day's ride
 Shane is already pumped to ride next year, and I can see why.  A beautiful venue to raise money for a great organization.

No comments: