
When I was in college I learned how to unicycle . . . sort of (as is obvious by the picture). I have about 2 hours of experience on one and the idiots guide to unicycling pamphlet says it takes about 10 hours to look comfortable on it. In lay mans terms that means that up until 10 hours, you are scaring everyone around you by your complete and utter lack of control. Last week, while Shane was out of town, I ventured down to the local bike shop and inquired about purchasing a unicycle. 15 min later I was headed out the door with my one wheeled treasure.
Some of you may be asking why would I want a unicycle. Well, there are several reasons:
1. I'm going green. What cooler mode of transportation can you get that helps the Earth too?! I argue there is none!
2. I wanted to see Shane ride one.
3. It will bring me that much closer to being the coolest mom in the world, when I master it, and when I have kids. (If that doesn't work I'll have to learn how to juggle and ride the unicycle. That could be interesting!)
4. I hear it's great for your abs and glutes!

Shane and I have practiced a bit. Shane was a natural, of course, and I feel like I improved some. We have a long way to go, but we are looking forward to the day when we can let go of the side of the truck and cruise!
2 comments:
you never cease to entertain. i can't wait to show p. hilarious jo. your kids will either really dig it or be really really embarrassed. anyway, at least you'll have rockin abs! when are you guys coming to visit.
Very impressive! I'm not going to learn how to unicycle, but I could teach you how to juggle . . . or just send you the book that taught me!
Post a Comment