Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Upset about a shower

Our puppy is a farm dog (which means she roams around without much supervision.) (( That brings up a new issue, why can't my dog make money? She is at work anytime Shane is and yet she doesn't bring home any green. I force myself to work to make money. She willingly goes to work for free. Granted she doesn't really do anything that constitutes work for the business but still... I think she should earn something.)) Anyways... as I was saying our puppy is a farm dog and since I don't see her often during the day, I took the opportunity today to go out and visit her when I saw her sleeping in the yard. She was happy to see me and so I proceeded to scratch her belly. However, she was extremely dirty. Clumps of dirt were all over her belly and her fur had so much grime in it I was not happy to be scratching her. I decided that since I'm a good mother (I know owning a dog doesn't really make you a mom but go with me on this!) I would give Kita a shower. (Seriously, she takes showers. When we call her into the bathroom she walks into the shower and stands there while use one of those nifty removable shower heads to hose her off. It's quite the set up!) The shower went well. Kita got wet. I got wet. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. I let her out of the bathroom with a towel over her back and I finished mopping up the small lake that had formed in the middle of the floor during the shower. When I came into the dining room I was greeted with a not so happy puppy. Kita just stood in the middle of the dining room looking at me like I was the worst mother ever. Even though I felt bad for making her take a shower I couldn't help but think how cute she is when she looks dejected. Can anyone relate?

2 comments:

Meggan said...

Poor kita...life is hard being an inside and outside farm dog. She doesn't know how great she has it!

Alex and Anna said...

haha this was fun to read you are so funny! thats so funny that she will just go stand in the shower!