Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wrigley - Our Unexpected Visitor

Shane and I had a little 4 legged visitor this weekend. We came out of a meeting on Saturday to find a puppy wandering in the parking lot. It was easy to see she had been lost or abandoned for at least a few days. (Her bones showing and her quickness to drink water were pretty big hints!) We decided to take her with us so we could feed her, get her some water, and then call the humane society. However, all of the humane societies were closed and the only other option was to call the police and have them take her. We didn't like that option since she probably would have stayed in a cage the entire time. We decided to keep her for the weekend since it seemed like the best option for Wrigley (our name for her). Plus, Kita and Wrigley got along so well it was nice to have a playmate for Kita.

We are taking Wrigley to the humane society tomorrow and I'm sad. She is such a good puppy and if it weren't for the fact that Shane and I will be living in an apartment this summer (where we are already worried how Kita will react) we would probably keep her.

Kita and her have had a ton of fun together! I've had fun having a little puppy follow me everywhere and when she fell asleep in my lap tonight I almost changed my mind on taking her to the humane society. I'm hoping there is a family looking for her that will be happy to find her safe and sound.

A few people thought Shane and I were a little crazy to take a stray dog into our home, but who could resist this little face!

6 comments:

Kara and Cody Markham said...

ok, that is the cutest little puppy Ive ever seen!! I love her little black marks. Im sorry you couldnt keep her. Or maybe him im not sure.

Heidi said...

Sure Jo, you can come be my kid. Do you want to ride in the stroller too? It looks like you guys are having fun with dogs. I still think it will take me years to decide to get a dog. I'll probably get one when I'm old and need something to take care of again :).

Chris & Carolyn said...

Aw, such a cute puppy! i want to come meet your dog. I love dogs. are you going to be in utah for the summer? I am coming out that way and want to plan an adventure or lunch with you!

Chris & Jess said...

I love that other people blog about their dogs too - what a cute dog you guys have :)

Angie said...

cute!!! i love puppies. sorry we missed hanging out with you guys this weekend!

Courtney said...

Poor little wiggles (I renamed your temp dog). I hope someone adopts her.