We ate alligator our first meal out and walked the infamous Bourbon Street on Sunday. Oh and the Mississippi is huge. (And it's fun to spell out on a cell phone. You use only 3 buttons! Sorry blackberry people. You use lots more buttons.) We still have yet to try some cajun cooking, but we've got plenty of time to try that. Shane likes knocking here more than Texas...they have southern hospitality to the max and being here reminds him of the Philippines. My allergies love Louisiana too. They are running rampant! I should have a picture of all the tissues I've used and my little red nose. I don't want to gross you out though. I take an allergy pill but that doesn't seem to be enough. My only mercy comes at night when I use my nasal spray. I can only use it once a day or it doesn't work... Anyone have anything they use to block allergies? I'm willing to try just about ANYTHING at this point.
Bourbon St
Yeah, it was really sunny. Our eyes hurt after this picture.
Amazing cemetery...they are all so ornate!
Random. These were in Houston right off the interstate. Anyone know who the 2 guys on the left are?
Looks like this sign has seen it's share of hurricanes.
7 comments:
You made it! Hooray for eating alligator and dealing with humidity and allergies. But it looks like you're having some fun along with the downsides. It's so cool to explore a new place. You look great in the photo by the Mississippi. Oh, and my guess for the two statues on the left: Joseph Smith and Heber J Grant. :)
hey this Destiny, Dallins wife. I noticed you guys are in Louisiana. We are not to far away in Alabama. Where in Louisiana are you? We are about 2 hrs away from Baton Rouge. Dallin Im sure would love to see you guys.
Alyssa I can't wait for you to come to Florida! We will Party for sure! Good luck in Louisianna, you're a trooper. Take care!
Looks like a lot of fun! Good Luck with those allergies, I still can't find something that takes if all away! Miss you!
Nicknamed "Mount Rush Hour" -- A Tribute to American Statesmanship is located along I-10 near downtown Houston. The four busts are of Stephen F. Austin, Sam Houston, Abraham Lincoln and George Washington. The artist is David Adickes.
Here is the picture info :) I am glad you made it. It looks like you guys are have quite the adventure!
Pam!!! I didn't know you've been following my blog! Thanks for the heads up on the Mount Rush Hour. My only guess was along the lines of Angie...I picked Brigham Young and Joseph Smith LOL!!
Angie, I laughed out loud when I read your guess. TOO FUNNY!
president obama, and john bidin.
how fun that you get to be in New Orleans. sweet.
Post a Comment