Our first big adventure was to Sea World. We watched the dolphin show which involved dolphins performing double back flips and that cool dolphin kick they do where their body is all out of water except their tail. We also saw a walrus do crunches and seals talk on a telephone. And of course, we saw Shamu in all his glory spalsh lots of people. We loved all the tricks and we have faith that Kita will soon do flips for tricks instead of "shake."
Shamu
Our second adventure was to the natural bridge caverns. It's a network over 2 miles long of caverns. (What is the difference between a cave and a cavern? I should have asked our guide!) The formations were awesome, and it's a class A misdemeanor to touch any of them! All of the formations are named after what they look like. i.e. soda straws, chandeliers, flow stones, cave ribbons, etc. My personal favorite was fried egg. I think spelology class would be the easiest A ever. You wouldn't have to study!
Cavern Formation
Since Bob's internet connection is awesome today I figured I would upload as many pictures as possible of what we've been up to for the past month and a half.We took our time traveling to San Antonio. We stopped along the path to see some sights. First on the list was the Monticello Temple. It is super small. It looks smaller than the stake center right next to it. It is, of course, beautiful though.
Monticello Utah Temple
Our 2nd stop was the 4 corners. Funny story. So about 3 months ago there was all sorts of hubub about the 4 corners being approximately 2 miles off. Shane and I decided we would stop anyway and claim to be in 4 states at the same time no matter where the true 4 corners location was. Shane asked the lady at the gate of the monument about the claim that the 4 corners was off by 2 miles. She said that actually it wasn't off by 2 miles and that an apology was in the works. Then she told us that the 4 corners monument is only really only off by a few hundred yards. So...if I understand this correctly, the 4 corners monument isn't really on the 4 corners but no worries, it's only off by a couple hundred yards instead of a few miles. WHEW!! For a min there I thought I was being jiped the $7 bucks it cost to get in!!
Kita in 4 states at once
We stopped in briefly at the Albuquerque, New Mexico temple. Just as an fyi, dogs are not allowed on temple grounds. We found that out quick. Kita's feelings might have been a little hurt but we reminded her she will be exalted no matter what.
I went with Brooke and Kaylee to see the Alamo and riverwalk a few weeks back. The Alamo is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. For such a big battle, they had a little building to use for cover. The riverwalk is pretty neat. It's a river flowing right through the city and there are shops and restaurants lining it.
The Alamo
The Riverwalk
Brooke and I got invited to a Memorial Day BBQ. It rained. We tried to stay dry. It didn't work. We still had fun!
Rainey BBQ
Shane's 25th Birthday Party
4 comments:
It looks likie you guys are having alot of fun! I love the video of Kita:) Hope the move goes well!!!
I'm so glad you posted all these great pictures of the fun things you've been up to! It's so fun to see all your adventures. Road trips are the best. I've heard a lot about Texas being a great place to visit and I really want to go! Good luck with the move, whenever it happens. ;)
I didn't get any message. I am so sorry. I lost my phone for a while and have been traveling so much. Please call my house at 801-649-4706. You are so cute. I would love to see you. Looks like you have been having so much fun. I love your dog, so fun!
Hey there! Great pix!-that Riverwalk place looks really neat. Thanks for the comment, I accidentally pushed a "don't allow comments button" and realized it when my friend asked me about it last month. It's been great to see what you guys have been up to too. Take care, Suzy:0)
Post a Comment