Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bob's Internet Connection

BoldThanks to someone in our building, Shane and I have a very weak and slow internet connection. Since I'm sure you are all DYING to know what we have been up to, I decided to use this little connection to update the blog. I had high hopes that Bob's internet connection (as I've come to call it) would prove stronger than indicated by my internet strength indicator icon thing, but alas, it is as weak and slow as the indicator indicates. I tried throughout the day to upload pictures. Nothing would upload. Then I tried the picture above. It worked. HALLELUIA!! It surely isn't the one picture I would have picked to summarize San Antonio, but it will do.

The picture is of our bed situation here. Some of you might be appalled. We aren't though. For us, twin beds are bliss if given the choice between twins and a queen. Don't get us wrong. We love sleeping next to each other in our large and spacious king. However, we don't enjoy the claustrophobia of the queen. In fact, when Shane and I were first married, we slept in bunk beds. We had a full bed we thought we could tough out for 4 months while we finished up school. 1 month after zero sleep, I had had enough. I moved into the other room with the bunk beds. Shane stayed put with the full. We said our good nights through the wall and finally got some sleep. Shane slowly migrated to bottom bunk and soon we had a vacant full size bed. The track team thought that was the funniest thing they had ever heard. Newlyweds sleeping in bunk beds. I admit, it was odd, but keep in mind, when you are asleep, you are asleep.

Anyways, we have twin beds, San Antonio is hot, the Riverwalk is neat, the Alamo was a lot smaller than I thought it would be, Texas is its own special world full of anything and everything shaped like the state of Texas, people actually let you merge onto the interstate, dogs are in great abundance, we go to a BBQ at least once a week, we've taught the 4 yr olds in Primary, I've taught Young Womens, we play racquetball on a regular basis, Kita is figuring out the dog park, we love living here, and we are moving to Louisiana this Saturday.

5 comments:

Kara and Cody Markham said...

Im glad you guys are still alive down there in texas. I dont know if Cody told you but while we stayed at your house we didnt want to use yours and Shanes bed so we slept in the twin together lol, very close but comfortable.
I hope the move goes good!! We miss you here in colorado:( oh ya, Booka got a hair cut and he looks so silly! He got shaved, but he still has his beard;)

Brooke said...

So that still kills me that you guys sleep in different beds! It makes me laugh everytime! So why the move to Louisianna? Next post please!

Heidi said...

That's so funny about the different beds. I had never heard about your bunkbed story until now either. It made me smile.

Pamela said...

I am glad you like TX. I think Josh thinks it is a good place to visit but not live. I liked it when we lived in Fort Worth for a year. Anna was one and Josh was three from Sept 1988 to Sept of 1989 and then we moved to Ohio. I used to love moving and seeing different places it is exciting. ENJOY it! Hugs

The McEwen's said...

Sounds like fun, and how funny about your guys' sleeping arrangements, we all have our preferences. What takes you both to Louisiana? I wish I could move around for some new experiences! Have fun!