Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Procrastination

The beginning of a new school year is always more stressful on me than the end of the semester. This is because I'm a suck up. I have some sick need to be loved...by my professors, and I'm stressed until I feel that love.

In my need to suck up to my teachers, I'm usually that annoying student who turns in projects weeks and sometimes even months before they are due resulting in the professor announcing to the class that I'm already done and others should follow my example. However, this semester my name has yet to be uttered by any of my professors. In my defense, I'm taking 16 credits, they all always have homework (duh this is college), and each one has at least 1 big project along with a few smaller ones to be completed during the semester on top of the usual tests and pop quizzes.

This has hindered my ability to complete ANY of the projects and to my dismay, some other punk kiss up in each of my classes has already turned in a project or assignment weeks before it is due. My professors probably don't even know I exist.

I'm trying to find joy in procrastination.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that quote. Words to live by. :) I'm sure you'll still do awesome, you are such a good student! Good luck, sounds intense!

Kera said...

I don't think a professor ever knew my name. They all just got mad at me and the fact I had to miss full weeks of school for certain soccer trips!

Heidi said...

I love how you explain yourself. It made me smile!

Taylor and Cami Weight said...

Just to add another quote about procrastination...one I heard from a cute elderly woman from my home ward..."procrastination is a funny thing, it only ends in sorrow. I hope to stop someday soon, perhaps I'll stop tomorrow." :)

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

LOVE the poster! haha

Haylee said...

HAHA!! That is so funny. I am so happy I found your blog, this is Haylee from the Black Widows, by the way. Anyway, I can completely relate, I need to be loved, and most always usually am by everyone. But I did not ever go to the extreme of turning stuff in early. I procrastinate,because like the poster said, it is now that people and not school work need my attention. haha. can't wait for our next game.