So...on to the goods...i.e.pictures. Our team name was Lady Luck and Cathy did an awesome job with designing the vinyl lettering. Our vans looked amazing.
We each had our names on the side of the vans we rode in. My team didn't know what to call me at first...Alyssa...Jo...Alyssa Jo.
We each had our names on the side of the vans we rode in. My team didn't know what to call me at first...Alyssa...Jo...Alyssa Jo.Cathy dragged me into this mess. I'm so glad she did. I love you Cath!
Van #2 minus Cathy. She is taking the picture.
Lady Luck minus me. Our team was a team of hot mommas. (I claim Kita as my child.) They calculated that they left behind 41 kids. That's 1/2 a primary. Or 3.7272727 kids each person.

I'm so glad our team didn't have a "uniform." People ran in capes, jail outfits, fairy wings, booty shorts, and this awesome fro. Lady Luck was a classy Vegas team.
This is Katie. I didn't like seeing her. She passed the slapbracelet on to me.
My first leg...Valley of Fire. Yeah, I was pretty much on fire in every sense of that word.
My second leg started around 2am. I got lost on that leg. It was very dark, we weren't close to the road, civilization, or anything but the vastness of the Vegas desert. I pretty much felt like I was a lemming following the faint headlamp I could see bobbing ahead of me. Luckily, I didn't run off a cliff and I ended up close to where I needed to be.
On a very sad note, one of the runners of another team was hit by a drunk driver while giving assistance to one of his teammates that was running. Emergency crews did everything they could to save him. Unfortunatley, he did not survive. We all were sick after hearing about the accident. Life is unpredictable and you never know when your time on Earth will come to an end.
After 26 hours of running 168 miles our team finally finished!
All 12 of us finishing. Halleluia!

6 comments:
Congratulations on your accomplishment! That's funny about the 41 kids.-It was a good read until I got to the part about the person who got hit. That is SO so sad, but life is definetly one of those things where you never know what is going to happen or when. Glad you are having some fun experiences over there in the desert.
I'm so glad you did it...I'm sorry for all of the terrible parts though!
Too bad you missed the best part of the relay...the luxurious spa at the hotel!!! Next time, right?
that looks pretty fun. It helps me maybe get more inspired to train for a half marathon like I have been thinking about.
WOW you are amazing!!! That looks like so much fun (you know, the torturous type of fun). You ladies are hard core. That's awesome!
How fun! It makes me want to do it next year! Good job girl, you're amazing!
did you love the ragnar relay???? Good job doing that! I have run it twice in UT and LOVE IT!!! such an accomplishment! good job
Post a Comment