
My dear friend Cathy King, who saved me in Anatomy along with Alyece, was sweet enough to invite me to run in the Las Vegas Ragnar relay. It's this weekend. Our team name is Lady Luck. I'm super excited!!
There are 12 runners on a team, we run 180 miles, everyone runs 3 legs, and we do it all in 24 hours. I'm signed up to run a total of 15.85 miles. (1st leg - 5.56 miles of "Hard" running, 2nd leg - 6.33 miles of "Very Hard" running, 3rd leg - 3.96 miles of "Moderate" running.) We will be starting this endevour at 11am on Friday. We are supposed to finish at 2:20pm on Saturday. I'm scheduled to run my "Very Hard" leg starting at 2:05am. I should be worried about running in the pitch black but as Shane pointed out I ran in the middle of the night all summer. I'm totally ready!
I didn't end up running my very 1st half marathon in Sept due to a short list of excuses, so this will be my 1st long race!
I also want to note that after 6 years of college, I will be "ditching" my very first college class to run this race. Holy Moly...I'm a freak!!
7 comments:
Wow! That is awesome! You will need to let us know how it goes - Good Luck Lady Luck!
Yay!! This will be so awesome! Good luck! You're gonna be awesome. I can't wait to hear how it goes!
WAHOO! Let the fun begin!
And PS, sorry I'm being a bad influence on you!
Good luck girl! We will be cheering for you even from Utah. you are awesome. Love you!
Can't wait to hear about it! I'm sure it went great. I ahave never enjoyed running so good on ya for doing it for 1 mile let alone 15.85split amongst you gals. miss you guys!
Thanks for saying hi and for your sweet comments! I was actually in Virginia with April last week and she got so excited when I asked about you. Yea for new blog friends! And in other news, I'm so jealous you got to run a Ragnar!!! Can't wait to hear how it went :-)
Congratulations on missing a class!! You never had to miss for soccer? I guess that is not considered ditching as it is excused. But good luck at the race. Sounds like a nightmare to me, but you are a very good hard runner, so you will do awesome!!!
Post a Comment