Shane has talent with taking pictures. He captured these beautiful snowflakes with our 3.5 yr old, 3 megapixel, point and shoot.

Another picture Shane took by leaving the lens open for a while (I apologize I do not know the technical term for that particular function.) I love the coloring.
*************************************We finally got some wet snow so Shane built a snowman. (I love the kid in him!) Kita pounced on it later.
Shane, Kita, and I went snowshoeing a couple of weekends ago. We've wanted to go forever but didn't commit to it til we realized it would be a great way to wear out little miss Kita. Ben and Brittany St. Clair let us take their brand spankin' new snow shoes - THANKS!


We went up Tibble Fork Canyon the day after they got fresh snow.
A few other snowshoers (sp?) made the path a little easier to walk in, but in places we were up to our waists. Unless there was a path to walk on, the snow was over Kita's head.
I love everything kissed with snow.

A few other snowshoers (sp?) made the path a little easier to walk in, but in places we were up to our waists. Unless there was a path to walk on, the snow was over Kita's head.
I love everything kissed with snow.
This video gives you an idea of the depth of the snow. Kita fell through on every step so it was hilarious to watch her try and run. We also found a snow tunnel, which is also featured in this short clip.
If anyone wants to go snowshoeing, let us know,we are game!


6 comments:
There's nothing more beautiful than a family who snowshoes together. The three of you are intoxicating.
That snowshoeing looks like a blast! I've never done that but I'd love to someday. Beautiful pictures!
And no, we live on the west side of central park. But I know some of the east side Mormons, what's your third cousin's name? (The world IS small - especially when you're LDS!)
Third cousins name is Cole Hooley. He is a short little guy ;)
Next time you come to Utah we should go snowshoeing...if it is still snowy!
Yes that would be fun!
Hmmm Cole Hooley... Doesn't ring a bell but maybe I can go find him and we can become the best of friends. ;) I bet my East side friends would know him though.
Awesome pictures of those snowflakes and cute snowman! He kind of looks like ET. :-)
Angie - Yes for sure!! You should be best friends!
Sarah - I totally thought he looked like E.T. too. Great minds see the same creepy characters in snowmen ;)
Post a Comment