Monday, March 15, 2010

Manny Pacquiao

Boxing isn't huge amoung the people I know or even in my own life. It's totally understandable. Something about men punching each other's faces causing blood to ooze and spray off of their battered bodies which requires giant Q-tips to be shoved up their noses and lots of Vaseline to be smeared across their now disfigured and unrecognizable faces, isn't totally appealing.

However, I'm a fan of Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao. He is an incredible athlete and an amazing person. (i.e. He is the first boxer EVER to win 7 world titles in 7 different weight divisions. He is also the #1 pound for pound boxer in the world.)

On Saturday, Shane and I were invited to watch the Pacquiao vs. Clottey fight. It was so much fun!! The party was at friend of Shane's co-worker's house, and by the time the fight started there were about 50 filippino's and 4 white people geared up for the match.
I couldn't stop laughing when several people took out their cameras and took pictures of the screen when Pacquiao came on. They also cheered and screamed loudly from the start of the opening round all the way until the end of the 12th. These people love Pacquiao.
The fight itself wasn't "exciting" in terms of there being anything close to a knock out, but the numbers Pacquiao put up were extremely impressive. Pacquiao threw 1200 punches to Clottey's 400. I don't care who you are but that is amazing!!

3 comments:

shane said...

Yeah Manny!!!

Lindsay said...

of course I know who you are (through blog, and Shane would always talk about you in math) He would show us pictures and I would tell him how pretty I think you are! I follow your blog as well. so glad you entered the contest. thanks

Angie said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny! The thing about people photographing the tv killed me. I have never had much exposure to boxing, but that sounds like a fun night!