Monday, April 19, 2010

Planting

I've had so much I've wanted to write but 19 credits and 2 jobs are catching up with me. I'm praying to survive the next 2 weeks.

I'm taking a quick break to post our latest project. Shane and I are in a green thumb mode so we are in the process of getting a garden going and planting flowers. To save on money everything is growing from seed.


My dad has an amazing monster garden full of veges and beautiful flowers. This summer I'm going to pray I inherited some of his intuitiveness with plants.

Handsome Shane. I'm loving spending lots of time outside with him.

Our tiny little garden. I think it will do the trick though. If any of you have any tips or hints, feel free to give them to me. I'm all ears!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

So exciting. Unfortunately I dont have ANY tips for you, as I have never planted ANYTHING in my life.

Angie said...

I can't wait to see your little garden flourish! You make me excited to one day have a garden of my own! I can't say I have any tips for you since I have zero gardening experience besides helping my parents weed and plant theirs. Um... water it? Haha. Good luck! I'm sure it'll be great!

And good luck on finals too. You can do it! Home stretch!

Tyson and Taylor Beaman said...

That is awesome! I wish we had a place to garden. I think it would be so much fun although probably everything would die.

Andrea said...

Tip: if you make sure your plants don't get any water, they will die.

haha...I'm ridiculously jealous, and so excited for you!

Kara and Cody Markham said...

YEAH I love gardening!!! I cant wait to see how it turns out. Ive read a few books and asked a lot of questions. The main thing that i think is making sure you have good soil and proper sun light. You can test the soil at most of your gardening stores and they can see if you need to add anything. Good luck!!

Katie Nielsen said...

Kai and I are on our third year trying to achieve the perfect garden. Last year our corn never produced and while Kai was out of town, I forgot to water all our flower pots for a full week. Whoops! But good luck! I'm sure your green thumb is far greener than mine : )

Taylor and Cami Weight said...

Oh that's so fun! I'm jealous and will be over at your place helping you with your garden here and there since we can't have one at our place yet... I like to live vicariously through you :)

The Stones said...

I'm super jealous! So much fun having a little garden, eat a tomato in my name!

jane s said...

Way to go!!! I see it now...both of you have green thumbs, great effort and a fantastic garden... IF Mother Nature cooperates - haha! (ps - Dad is SO pleased :0)