Later, we met up with my sister Valarie and met the latest addition to her family. Her puppy Lexi! I think she'll make a positive name for pit bulls everywhere. She has such a sweet disposition and just wants to play play play!

My parents were out of town visiting my other sister, Andi. That didn't stop us from going to the lake to see if Lexi would learn to swim. I think we all anticipated Lexi staying on shore while Kita swam around. We were dead wrong. Lexi hopped (slid) right in and kept going back for more. (The video shows how Lexi slid into the lake before she learned to jump in like Kita. It's hilarious...to me!)Lexi was a quick learner, so she was launching in in no time. Lexi was also funny in how she would lay out in the air. Kita tucks her legs but Lexi goes for the superman look and lands with a belly flop.



On Saturday, Shane organized a reunion with his high school buddies and their significant others. It's always fun to reminisce.
Patrick and Kera (2 of my most favorite people from college) met us in Denver for a delicious dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Those two are such great people. They have great personalities, they are extraordinarily kind, and are handsome ta boot! I don't think I stopped laughing once we sat down and by the time we left Shane was Paddy's jet ski bff.
It also needs to be said that Kera is such a stud on the field. She and I played at UVU and that girl has moves! She ran circles around me!

Sunday started off with church and then lots of food and games. To celebrate birthdays, Mindi made a doughnut cake. YUM!
Ryan and Shane set up the volley ball net and we had 3v3 volleyball with the couples. Volleyball has become the Markham family game. Anytime we play it we have a great time.
We did a family "worm". It is especially entertaining to watch Cody. Part of me wishes his abilities with the worm were naturally awkward b/c it would be that much funnier. (His back hurts if he does a non awkward version of the worm.)We ended Sunday with a fire in the awesome fire pit Mindi and Shane built. We had s'mores and roasted starbursts. Those things are yummy! I had never heard of roasting starbursts over a fire. A word of caution: let them cool a bit before eating them. They are HOT!


We only had a half day in CO on Monday. The boys headed out to race go karts. I went along to take pictures and see what it was all about. While it looks lots of fun, I honestly had more fun watching the boys pretend they were Nascar drivers. There were spin outs, passing on the inside and outside, and plenty of laps to race.
Marshmallow men. I think they look like aliens.
Farewell Colorado - until July!








10 comments:
Hey there, I spent a couple hours talking with my cousin Jana. What a small world that you guys are friends. she said, hey I'm friends with a girl you know Alyssa...and I said I don't know an alyssa...and she said yes you do, you played soccer with her, and I said oh you mean Jo...she said "no, I said Alyssa, and I said, they are the same person....funny huh?
It gets all sorts of confusing with my 2 names! Sometimes I feel like I should tell people I do have 2 names just in case they run into someone who knows me by the other name - haha. That's so funny you and Jana are cousins. She is such a sweet girl! You really must share DNA since you are both beautiful and sweet!
Looks like you had lots of fun! I bet it was great to see family an also have what looked like good weather :)
GREAT WEEKEND> We had so much fun with you guys. Come again:)
Your weekend looks so fun! Time with family can't be beat. And you guys did such fun/adventurous things! Okay and it's still so funny to me you know Patrick and Kera, it's such a small world. I don't know them, but I know Patrick's sister who lives in NYC. Small world. (Being Mormon might have something to do with it but whatever.)
OH - speaking of small Mormon world... I might have already told you this but my cousin is going to be I'm your same UVU DH class. Her name is Krysta and she is awesome.
iPhone typo... "IN your same class."
So much can and must be said about this post.
1. You might be the nicest person ever.
2. Saturday night was a freakin blast
3. Shane is awesome. I'm so happy patrick has a new jet skiing bff. such dorks :)
4. Your weekend looked like so much fun!
5. I want Lake Powell to work out but if it doesn't, do you guys just want to come up to Priest Lake in August? Flights are cheap and dogs are welcome. The food and lodging would be free...
6. That dog looks so awesome doing a superman off the dock!
7. I wont ever eat mahi mahi at the cheesecake factory again. Food poisening is a beast.
Oh oh oh tooooo much fun! Thanks for recording it all and sharing! So glad it was a great weekend for all. Loved seeing kita teach lexi the right way to launch into the water. Too funny!
HaHa I was laughing so hard when out of nowhere Kita comes flying and into the water...very cute videos!
So glad you had fun in Colorado. We were there too, but I guess we missed you!
Post a Comment