Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Shane!

Yesterday was Shane's Birthday. I don't feel like I did him justice for his birthday.

He deserves a ginormous party that includes a jumping castle. Unfortunately, party planning is not my forte, so Shane put together a casual get together with dessert and games. (Shane, I promise to get better at parties!)
Heidi and Scott, Cassie and Joe, and Rachel

Ryan can't take a normal picture and Tera is a supportive wife so she joins in.

Games included volleyball and what I like to call Norweigan botchiball. The volleyball net was the wires that hang over out yard.
See the wire...I mean net? (I didn't take a picture of the Norwegian game...sorry Taylor.)

We had lots of visitors! I should have taken a group picture. We had 16 people come through - so many people love Shane!

* * * * * * * *
Now I get to be all oogly googly over Shane and post some of my favorite pictures of him.
Shane never ceases to amaze me! He can do anything. He is the most athletic fella I've ever met, he is a friend to everyone, he pursues his dreams, and works hard with any task someone gives him.
Shane is the best thing to happen to me. In all honesty, Shane saved me from myself. Shane snapped me back into reality after the fire fighting world transformed me into a "masculine female" where I had become hard and pretty cold. He reminded me of my divine role as a woman and taught me to be loving and understanding again.
One of the things I love most about Shane is that he makes me laugh - everyday! From bench pressing me, to the silly things he says, I can't think of a day Shane didn't make me laugh.

Happy Birthday Shane! I love you!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

i had NO idea you were a firefighter! Look at you and all your hidden talents! btw...sewing lessons whenever you want 'em!

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday!!!