Buster and Kita came into the Markham fold about the same time. We got Kita and 2 days later, Mindi got Buster. Shane and I were pretty vigilant to teach Kita new tricks, so on nearly a weekly basis, we would show off what we had taught Kita during the week.
Many times when we showed Mindi what Kita had learned for the week, she would show us what Buster had learned that week. We started to notice a pattern. It went something like this.
Week 1: Kita can sit
Week 2: Buster can sit, Kita can "stay".
Week 3: Buster can "stay", Kita can shake
Week 4: Buster can shake, Kita can bow
Week 5: Buster can bow, Kita can turn in a circle.
You get the idea. That really wasn't exactly how it happened, but it seemed so at the time. I don't even remember what tricks both dogs know and when they learned them. I was so set on having the coolest dog that could do lots of tricks and then Mindi would get Buster to do the same thing... ARG!
Whenever I look back on my life I can't help but laugh. Who gets annoyed that someone else is teaching their dog the same tricks your dog knows? Wow. If you didn't think I was a nut before now you have proof otherwise.
Anyway, the pups were together and we were talking about this little story so we had to catch the dogs doing one of the tricks they both can perform.
May I present Buster and Kita performing stretch/bow
5 comments:
I want a dog SOOOOOO BADLY!!! A dog that can do tricks is the best! My jealousy is overcoming me!
Hahahahaha! I love you Alyssa. And your obsession with your dog. And I am impressed with her tricks.
i love kita. If we ever get a dog, can you train it and then give it back to us?
I'd love to train you a dog! Maybe it will make up for the lack of me inviting you to my parents lake...
That would be super helpful for you to train our dog. Don't worry we are totally over the lake thing. We get it. Now if you invite us it's just because you have to :)
Post a Comment