Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Joined a Book Klub

I'm always on the hunt for a good book to read. I don't like picking up any random book. I like to know that others enjoyed it or have heard good things about it. Life's too short to read a crummy book. Through some lucky events, I was able to find a book club that my friends, Elizabeth and Sandra, go to, and the book club has welcomed me into their world with open arms.

This month we read Orson Scott Cards, "Enders Game." It was a sci-fi which is a genre I wouldn't normally read. I gave the book 3 stars, but through the book club discussion, I learned the book had many deeper themes than I originally thought. That's what I love about this book club. We have great discussions and we LEARN!
Normally the book club is just ladies, but this month they did a couples meeting. I know about 4 peoples names, but I'm getting it.
All of these people are gourmet cooks b/c the food is FANTASTIC! I showed up with popcorn. The club seems to be alright with me just the way I am.
To encourage a discussion Bethany and Reece came up with a great Jeopardy game. They are incredibly creative and even thought to come up with daily doubles! The daily doubles involved nerf guns - it was great!

My friend Elizabeth is on the right. Thanks to her and my long lost friend Sandra, I was able to find this book club and now I'm so much more educated b/c of it!

5 comments:

Tyson and Taylor Beaman said...

that sounds and looks like so much fun!

Lindsay said...

That is sounds like fun! I have read Enders Game and wasn't too into it, but maybe if I had the deeper insights I would like it. I have only been to one book club meeting and thought it was WAY awkward! Maybe I should try it out again.

Mandy said...

That looks like a blast! When does school start for you?

Angie said...

Wow, that is a serious book club! Looks like so much fun with all the games and food and everything. I love that there are people who will take the time to organize things like that so that lazier people like me can participate. Ha! Looks like you picked the right book club! So fun!

Kera said...

holy crap, who are these people. either super nuts or super cool. that looks like fun. you'll have to tell me the books you are reading.