Friday, November 12, 2010

Thanksgivingish Dinner

We had a get together that ended up looking a bit like a Thanksgiving dinner. I guess when you have 10 people at a dinner it can't be helped.
The special event that sparked this dinner was Cami and Taylor. We needed to get our fill of them since they moved to SLC a few months back.

Taylor sportin his stache for Movember.

We played catchphrase - guys v. girls - and it ended in a tie. Naturally we had a rock paper scissors tournament as a tie breaker. It was pretty intense when Alyssa (not me, the other Alyssa) and Chase battled. You could see them asking themselves, "Should I do rock, paper, or scissors?" In the end Chase's scissors cut Alyssa's paper. Our punishment was to sing "A Whole New World." It was pretty amazing.




The games continued with "Werewolves." If you haven't played werewolves with the Weights you haven't truly played. There are lovers, peeking girls, a witch, a hunter, a seer, village people, and of course, werewolves. It's way more intense than childhood mafia.

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with that game. When I'm not a werewolf I love it. When I'm a werewolf I'm not a fan. I pretty much have "GUILTY" stamped on my forehead when I'm a werewolf.
I must have been a village person in this picture. I'm too happy to be a werewolf.

So gross and yet I feel the need to post it.

I love these types of get togethers. We ate way too much food (but it was so yummy), we played fun games, we laughed, yelled, I think there were some tears, and summed up, it was a great time with friends.

3 comments:

Taylor and Cami Weight said...

We had so much fun and I love your post so much I'm stealing it... We need to invite ourselves over more often :)

Alyssa/Jo said...

Yes you do!

Jenna said...

hahaha Chase and I just came across this, I love that you just posted that last picture! Chase on the other hand was not so happy. haha It was fun, thanks for hosting!