At least twice a year we have a discussion about getting me a new car. It usually happens around the time that we are planning a trip home b/c my car gets great gas mileage, but since it is getting on in years, the reliability factor isn't incredibly high on long mileage trips. Our truck is much newer so the reliability factor is high, however we spend more than double in gas when we drive it. Oh the conundrum! The other day we had our, "we should sell the car" discussion. We both really like the Scion xD, and Shane had found 2 of them on the most amazing classifieds website, KSL. He checked them out and figured he could get them for an even more amazing price then they were listed for. Later that day, he posted my car (it's name is Fluffinhuffigus the III, Esquire) on KSL just to see if anyone would be interested. I guess my car is a hot item b/c he got 173 page views in less than 12 hours and a couple people wanted to come out and look at it. I was shocked! Kelley Blue Book valued the car at about $1,000. I figured no one would offer more than $900. Shane said we would only sell it if we could get $1,500 for it since it is such an awesome car.
To make a long story short, the first person was willing to pay $1,500 for it. The second person offered $1,650!! HOLY SMOKES! My jaw hit the floor - I knew I loved my 1990 Toyota Carolla but I couldn't believe people where willing to pay that much for it considering what KBB valued it at.
So, after all that we decided to keep ole' fluffy. In all honesty, we would be stupid to sell it. Plus, I was having some serious worries in wondering if the new owners would treat it as well as I had. (I often personify inanimate objects thinking they can get their feelings hurt or even feel pain. One time I left my water bottle at the soccer field, and I almost drove back to get it that night b/c I felt bad for it sitting on the sidelines all alone in the dark.)
While I would love to have a Scion xD, I'm not ready to give up my Toyota Carolla. It has served me well!Here are a few more things I would love to have.
Shabby Apple Bonheur DressI wouldn't mind being in Europe while wearing this dress too!


No comments:
Post a Comment