
I understand that we live in a world of diversity and opposition. It can even be difficult for a husband and wife to agree to disagree on heated topics. However, regardless of beliefs, income, political views, social standing and religious affiliation, the memorial for the tragedy of 9/11 is a sacred and holy place.The memorial sits in the footprints of the original towers so the hustle and bustle of the city continues just a few feet from the edge of the memorial. However, as you step onto the sacred grounds, the commotion of the city disappears. My emotions were full as I walked the grounds and it felt as if angels mingled among all the patrons as we placed our hands on the names of those who lost their lives. People spoke in hushed tones without any prompting. It was beautiful to feel the reverence.
Thousands lost their lives that day and lives that should have been lost were saved as that day unfolded with plans altered from their original projection. I couldn't help but feel tears rise to my eyes as I walked the grounds and as I watched the video below. The Lord knows us. He knows each and everyone of us. We may not understand why horrible things happen, but I know He was very aware of the 2,983 people who died that day. I'm sure he cradled each of them and their loved ones just as He has cradled me in my times of need.
1 comment:
Tears come just from reading your touching experience there on sacred ground. Thanks for sharing =)
Post a Comment