Sunday, February 12, 2012

Florida Wedding

We went to Florida for one of Shane's cousin's wedding.
It was nice to have a break from winter and head to sunny (some of the time) Florida.
I love this picture!!! We are a generation always connected.
Coop knows how to plank.
The first day was overcast. We spent the day walking the beach, hunting for conch shells that were still inhabited, chasing birds that instantly returned, and entertaining Cooper by running up and down the beach with him.
I was so nervous Coop was going to poop on me since one of his bum cheeks was hanging out. Kara assured me he wouldn't. Despite that, I felt much better once we fully covered him. (Babies bums are so cute!!! Couldn't help but take a picture.)
Grandpa Glenn said the first picture made him
look like a grumpy old man. We took another pic.
It isn't Florida if you don't have an instant downpour.
We cruised around in an awesome Dodge Caravan for the weekend. We were one big happy family. I loved that Cody and Kara usually sat up front, so it was like they were the parents of the group.
Anything to keep this boy happy - he loved smearing peanut butter all over the place that night. It started the Peanut Butter Hat (PBH) joke. His poor hat got covered in it and since there was no place to wash it, it remained covered in peanut butter for the duration.
Congrats Nick and Amanda!!!
Grandma Pat and Grandpa Glenn. Thanks to these two all
of us were able to go and celebrate with Nick and Amanda. Thanks you guys!!!
Such an adorable cake topper. Nick and Amanda are VERY tall. How fitting to have giraffes.
One day is was really sunny so we lived it up.
We soaked up rays and played in the ocean and on the beach.
Funny Story
So whenever my face is in the sun too much I get even more hyper-pigmentation.
I mentioned that fact and Kylie, Ryan, and Kara looked at meant said they
had no idea what that even meant and that I use too big of words.
Then Ryan added, "Yeah I know, I get supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
whenever I'm in the sun too long too."
I had some good side splitting laughter over that one.
Shane likes to take pictures and not tell you. I laugh every time I look at this.
This time he counted to "3"
Another funny story: Kylie happened to notice that Kara's belly button is really high. She pointed this out and Kara responded, "I know, I have a freakishly high belly button."
Then Ryan jumped in, "Let's start pointing out everyone's flaws. I'm 5'5 1/2".
Shane dug an awesome hole. It provided some entertainment.

I really had so much fun and I love my in-law family. We have a great time together. It was tough to come back to reality. But hey, I did take my first boards exam right before I left so it was a great way to relax after all the studying. Now I'm back at it and getting ready for my next one.

3 comments:

Rachel & Darrin said...

How fun! I would love a vacation in warm Florida right about now. I love the picture of you and Shane dancing

Kara and Cody Markham said...

I want to go back!!
How bout a cruise I'm may??

Alyssa/Jo said...

I know!!! I'm down for a cruise in may. I can't wait!!!