We sold the first car I had ever bought this past May. We had talked about selling it many times before - it was a 1990 so obviously it was getting older - but we actually followed through this time. It was super reliable around town but when it came to going long distances, we weren't so confident it would hold up because at 21 years old things wear out.The alternator went out on our way to Colorado one time. I remember we were driving at night and Shane noticed the lights were really dim. I proudly defended my car's honor and denied that anything could be wrong given how amazing she was. Then he pointed out that when he turned the radio on, the lights almost went out. We pulled over and she died. No more juice to go. Luckily, Kylie and Ryan (Shane's sister and bro-in-law) were headed back to Utah from Colorado and were only 20 minutes away. They rescued us and we were really glad Kylie had AAA because we got our car towed to the thriving metropolis of Wamsutter, Wyoming. We took our battery to a shop to be charged for the night and we somewhat slept in a freezing cold Subway/Gas Station because the cranky lady at the motel we called when we were being towed said she only stayed up til 11pm. We got there at 11:05pm. The next morning we hooked up the battery and took off for home careful not to use the blinkers too often for fear the battery would die again.
It was reasons like that why we talked about selling her.
Amazingly enough we sold Fluffinhuffigus the III, Esquire (yes, that was her name - given to her by my dear friend Linda) for only $600 less than I bought her for 7 years earlier. That doesn't happen in this day and age.
That car was amazing.
I cried when we sold her.
We debated on what to get. We liked the Scion Xa. Such a fun car. We drove one while we were visiting AZ...
...but we love the Toyota Carolla. We settled on this 2005 beaut and thanks to KSL we got a used one at what we felt was a great deal. I haven't named this one yet. I think I better take a road trip with Linda to pick one out.
No comments:
Post a Comment