Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mt. Nebo Hike

You know how you go through phases with blogging - you write a lot, then you take a hiatus, then you pick it back up again?
Well, I'm feeling the need to blog about things that happened over the course of the past year.
It all started with selling our scooter.
I never wrote about our scooter adventures so I wanted to make sure it was included in what has become my journal because let's be honest, I only write in my pen and paper journal when I go through those moments of setting new goals and that only lasts for about 2 days.
(I'm sure that last sentence has a plethora of grammatical errors, but I don't care.)

Anyways, I've made a list in my planner (I live by my planner) as to posts I want to write to make sure I capture more of the moments in our life this past year that I missed recording when they actually happened.

So the following is from Shane's hike of Mt. Nebo last fall. His buddy Brent Rowland wanted to hike it so they left really early in the morning and hiked it. I can't remember what I was up to that weekend, but I do know I wasn't home. I really can't fathom where I was that weekend...hmmm...where was I? I really should journal as it was intended because then I could flip to that day in my journal and remember where I was, but I digress.

The view was spectacular and while I have zero narrative on the hike itself, I'm glad Shane took the camera and captured it for those who look at this blog and me.
It really is sad the tiny fraction of Utah I've experienced. There are so many great hikes, parks, trails and lakes so readily accessible and yet I've sat on my rear and done nothing. (It is amazing how accessible everything is when compared to Colorado. Unless you live in the mountains, just about everything is 1.5 hours away - dang foothills.) I think I may just make a Utah bucket list, but then again, Shane will be gone most of the summer and I'll be working. I'm not a fan of growing up.

2 comments:

Rachel & Darrin said...

I'm glad you're back to blogging, I love reading about your adventures! Darrin and I started talking about all the places we wanted to go in Utah before we leave, and it really makes you see how much you could have done.

Alyssa/Jo said...

We should do the things on our list together - it would be so much more fun!!! It is sad how moving motivates you to get out and do stuff.