I'm officially half way through a 12 week work out program. I've never stuck with anything for this long, so I'm pretty proud of myself for hanging in there. (As a side note: I've never understood the people who are like, I love working out. Really? Who loves to work out? I love the feeling I get after a great workout and even then it can be a love hate relationship b/c half the time I can barely walk the next day. That, I do not love. But I digress.)
To be honest, while it has been challenging, I really like this workout program. It's not your typical, eat everything healthy and make sure you burn more calories than you consume program. In fact, the first 4 weeks of the program there wasn't any cardio! This program is about eating right and building lean muscle mass which will then burn more calories by raising your basal (resting) metabolic rate.
Upon starting the program, I took body measurements and paid $20 to get an accurate BMI using BYU's Bod Pod. Since I was at an ideal weight given my height I wanted a way to track the changes in my body over the course of the 12 weeks other than stepping on a scale. Plus, I imagine I'll weigh more at the end of the 12 weeks simply because I'll be replacing fat with muscle and despite what I know about muscle weighing more than fat, it is a bit depressing to see the number on the scale go up after eating right and working out.
So, after 6 weeks, the results are in. I did take pictures that show the progress to this point but I don't know how I feel about posting them. I'll ponder on that. Oh and I should note, I'm not doing this program to "lose weight." I'm doing it to increase my level of health and form healthy habits to increase longevity, fitness, and overall health.
But here's what's happened so far. I've lost 2" in my waist, 3 1/4" in my hips, 1 1/2" in my bust. (Yes yes, my non-existent hips had some padding on them and my barely-there-boobs are even smaller. I'm pretty much built like a man...) Overall I've lost 4 lbs. Sadly, my biceps and my calves which I so desperately want to get significantly bigger, have remained the same but Shane did point out that the rest of my body is smaller so proportionately, my biceps and calves are bigger! (I love his thinking.) But seriously though, everything is much more defined. I feel fantastic and my abs...well...they make me smile. Plus, anytime Shane hugs me, or sees me lift anything (like the blow dryer) he comments on how strong I look and feel and how defined my muscles are.
6 more weeks to go! If you want more info on this workout program or how I feel about it, I'd be more than happy to talk your ear off.
4 comments:
Thats amazing! So much progress in just 6 weeks! I feel so inspired! I also just started a new workout program but I'm only two weeks in. But I LOVE it so far. It's called (get ready to laugh) Brazil Butt Lift. And it literally kicks my butt, more than any workout I've ever done, yet somehow it is SO fun. Maybe when I finish it/get bored with it I'll try out Jamie Eason's program. Looks amazing!
Where did you hear about this Brazil Butt Lift? (that really is a laughable name) When I get bored with Jamie I'll switch over to that!
You have inspired me Al. I have been trying to get in shape and could use some help. Im going to do the 12 week program. Call me and give me some advise and tips. I feel like the website is a little hard to navigate. wWhat do you think?
I'll totally help you do it! I'll call you later and we will get you all set up!
Post a Comment