Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Outstanding

Someone thought I was an outstanding dental hygiene student, so I got an award. Honestly, I was surprised that the Veits and whoever else decides who gets this award picked me. I give my instructors a hard time, and I will forever be able to hear Ms. Veit's all too common response of "Oh Jo!" to the things I say.

We had a lovely dinner and I was glad they just had a PowerPoint with pictures and some bulleted information about each of the recipients. It was short and sweet.
Dr. and Ms. Veit. Without them who knows where the program would be. Love them!!!
They pick a first year and a second year student. Kierstin was the outstanding first year. As much as I love hygiene school I'm really glad I'm past being a first year. I was totally lost that entire year.
Shane asked if I wanted a picture by the Wolverine. I originally said no. I've learned that when Shane suggests something I should do it b/c as dumb as it seems to me at the time, I later wish I would have followed his suggestion. After 8 years of attending UVU, I have my picture with the Wolverine.

2 comments:

The Stones said...

I love how you are so surprise with your AMAZINGNESS! You rock girl! Good job!

Angie said...

Alyssa! That's awesome!!! Good for you. Also, you look gorgeous!