Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Treat

Popcorn is one of my most favorite things to eat. Since I only eat "crap" on Sundays I make sure my popcorn calories are absolute perfection by adding a topping.

I grew up making Carmel Corn just about every week, but these days I've been loving my pink popcorn. It is delicious and well worth my 7 day wait. Plus, it's super easy to make.
Ingredients:
1/2 stick butter
20 large marshmallows
1/4-1/3 of a small box of whatever jello flavor suits your fancy
Large bowl of air popped pop corn. (It tastes nasty if you use microwave popcorn.)

First pop your popcorn. Next add the butter and marshmallows to a saucepan. Cook on medium. Stir it every so often so it doesn't burn. When the butter and marshmallows are somewhat melted together, add the jello. It's not an exact science on the measurement of the jello. Add more for a stronger flavor or less for less.
Keep cooking until all the marshmallows are melted and voila!!! You have a tasty treat! I can't wait for Sunday again! Oh, this batch is Raspberry flavored. I also like Strawberry and Grape.

2 comments:

Jamie and Lauren said...

I will have to try that- looks yummy! I cant believe you sold your scooter! We want to buy one!! Bummer! All your hiking and snow shoeing adventures look like so much fun!

Andrea said...

I just pinned you to pinterest...your popcorn, anyway...