Yesterday was Kita's day
We did our best to prepare ourselves for it to be her last
She walked along the sod harvester as it delivered beautiful new lawns
She chased one more rabbit
Instead of yelling, I smiled
Instead of yelling, I smiled
She played with rocks at the lake
We caught glimpses of Kita and hoped it would last
Sadly, she would slip away and reality returned
She said goodbye to everyone on the farm
We all cried
2:15 came too early
The car ride was too short
Then the diagnosis
Our fears were confirmed
We knew what it meant
Goodbye
More tears flowed
We weren't ready to let go
Then a little miracle
Prednisone
We can have her a bit longer
We can have her a bit longer
There won't be pain
She will be Kita
Briefly
Cancer cells will return with a vengeance
Then it will be time to let go
But one more summer
Just this summer
Before we have to say goodbye
8 comments:
I am so sorry. I know how hard this is and my heart goes out to you all. Kita had a great life. A life that all dogs would want. Hang in there and my heart goes out to you all during this hard time.
We are thinking about you guys... all the time. I'm actually crying and Kita isn't even my dog. We miss you guys and owe so much to you. Enjoy your last days with her.
Losing a dog is as hard as losing a sister,brother, best friend and even a child. They leave their mark in our lives forever. The best saying I ever heard was, "Heaven is where all the dogs you ever loved, greet you!" I hope that is the case!
Here's to a fun loving summer with your little baby ;)
Kita is such a stud. She's quite the lucky dog to have you guys and you guys to have her! She's the best dog i've ever met. I'm glad you get to keep her around a little longer. Give her lots of hugs for me
Love this. I'm so sorry to hear about your pooch. Seems like a fun gal! From one dog lover to another, I wish you guys the best through this time.
Alicia
Mountaingalinks.blogspot.com
Awww dang. That is so sad! Kita is you guys' pride and joy!! I can't believe it. Our first family dog (Sadie the golden retriever) also passed away from lymphoma. So sad. I'm glad you get one last summer with her. She really is the coolest dog ever.
oh i'm so terribly sorry. so sad. i'm glad you can keep her around a little longer. hang in there.
xo
Aww, this is so sweet! You are lucky to have her and she's lucky to have you. I know you'll give her the perfect last summer. Hang in there!
Post a Comment