Saturday, June 23, 2012

Voodoo Medicine

My parents practice alternative medicine including auricular therapy, bioenergetic balancing, and homeopathy among other things.  As part of their treasure trove of treatment options, they have a hyperbaric chamber.  (As a student that took multiple science classes, the hyperbaric chamber came up fairly often given its uses in medicine.  Whenever that happened I would think to myself, And my parents have one in their house.  I never said anything about it though.  It caused far too many questions to be asked.)

Shane wanted to see what it was like in the chamber so he hoped on in the other night.  He seemed to have a good time being in the claustrophobic tube.  The biggest issue with the chamber (if you aren't claustrophobic) is boredom.  It's not like you can do much in there.  He did have his phone with the internet so that kept him entertained.  Kita kept wandering in the room and Shane would try and get her to peek through the window at him.

I do love what my parents do for a living.  It is great to have that around!  Even though I love it, I still joke with them that they practice voodoo medicine.  They don't seem to mind...    

No comments: