Sunday, August 12, 2012

10 yr. reunion

Holy smokes, we are getting old: It's been 10 years since Shane graduated from high school. Being the spouse at a reunion was pretty much what I expected.  I knew Shane would have a blast catching up with people and would want to stay far beyond what I would want, but I feel like I was a good sport given that we stayed 2.5 hrs past when I first wanted to leave.  I have a feeling the roles will be reversed next year at my reunion.  While we did stay pretty long, I do like that I now know many of the faces that go along with the names in some of Shane's stories.

The reunion was at Anderson Farms, a local corn maze and pumpkin patch that one of Shane's high school classmates owns, which was an interesting yet great venue for a reunion.  There were animals to pet, fresh air to take in, and even a hayless hay ride to top it off.  Shane was laughing as he realized the oddity of being on a hayless hay ride with people he hadn't seen in 10 years.  Oh the fun that comes from a high school reunion.  We didn't have our camera the night of the reunion so we just have the lone pic from Shane's phone.  So while the pic it isn't fabulous and the event wasn't well recorded, I couldn't let Shane's 10 year reunion pass by without any mention.


No comments: