In the early part of October, Mindi treated Kara, Kylie and me to a girls weekend getaway. (It wasn't really a getaway for Kylie since we went to her house in Gilbert, AZ, but I'm sure she loved it anyway.)
We ate at Joe's Farm Grill which is famous because some famous chef on one of those cooking shows went there and liked it. (At one point I might have known who it was and what show it was, but it has long since been erased from my memory.) Across the way from Joe's was a coffee shop and Kara really wanted a cupcake so we indulged. I got a whoopie pie. It was delectable. The coffee shop was famous too... I think someone from there went on another one of those shows on one of those cooking shows. I think it was "Cupcake Wars." All I know is I didn't make my dessert which made it that much more enjoyable.
After eating we drove by the Gilbert Temple which is still under construction. I love finding temples whenever I travel. Later we went out to some stores. Mindi is the master shopper so she led us around. We made sure to play with the shoes at DSW and the Halloween decor at Kirklands. My mom and I always did that on the rare occasion that we went shopping, so it was fun to do that again.
Dinner at Oregano's and then the play "A Secret Garden" finished up our first day in Arizona. I couldn't get over how warm it was in AZ considering it was snowing in Colorado while we were there. Kara and I weren't too hungry but the pizzookie looked too great to pass up. We split it for dinner. It was a great choice.
Day 2 started off with breakfast at a another great restaurant with what is probably an equally great name. I can't remember it though... The omelet was delicious, as was the french toast and cinnamon roll. Mmmmm!!! I felt ok eating all the food given that I was eating for 2. :) The rest of the day was spent shopping. Holy smokes the mall in Scottsdale is ginormous!!! Dinner at the Yard House where I ordered the most delicious grilled cheese and tomato bisque. We topped the evening off with cupcakes from Sprinkles. I have to say I wasn't too impressed... Just sayin.
Day 3 included pool time, conference watching and me obsessing over Chloe, the wienie dog Kylie was watching for the weekend. I am really missing Kita - all the time - so Chloe helped to somewhat fill my void.
![]() |
| Kara's caption to this picture when she sent it to Shane - "Al's Wienie" |
The trip was short and quick, but a ton of fun. THANKS MINDI!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment