Friday, March 29, 2013

Those 2

Shane and I don't come from large families (immediate or extended) so our experience with newborns is pretty much zilch.  Despite my lack of interacting much with babies, I've had many more opportunities to hold a few newborns.  Shane, on the other hand, hasn't.  On the couple of occasions where he could have held a newborn, he passed it up.  I don't blame him, unless you've had experience with babies, newborns are a bit intimidating.  They are limp noodles that fold on themselves and could easily slip right out of your hands.  He didn't see the need to take that risk. 

So, until Makenna arrived, Shane hadn't held a newborn.

Knowing that fact makes all these daddy-daughter moments even more special.  And it needs to be said, Shane is an excellent father and hasn't dropped Makenna despite her limp noodleness. 
There really is something special about a first time dad holding his little girl.  
I love those two.

1 comment:

Angie Harding said...

These pictures are precious. And I am obsessed with her hair. Of COURSE she has fabulous hair! Look at her mother! :)