In preparing to welcome our firstborn, I thought long and hard about pictures. I knew I wanted pictures, but I wasn't satisfied with only getting the stereotypical newborn photos which I've always felt were too contrived and posed. While I do love the newborn pics we have of Makenna, they are simply beautiful photos of my beautiful baby. They don't evoke emotions or bring to mind the precious memories of holding her for the first time.
That being said, I saw what I considered the greatest idea when it came to documenting birth when I watched Ashley's birth video. (She is my awesome blogging/facebook friend whom I've never met but feel I have, given the wonderful world of social media. She has lots of great ideas and you can follow her here.)
You see, she had a birth photographer. Most people haven't heard of a birth photographer, and when they do, they imagine their product is something similar to that horrific home ec. film we all watched on birth which made you wonder why any woman would ever have a child.
However, the purpose of a birth photographer is far different. While you can have your photographer take pictures of the baby crowning (I opted out of that option) their main purpose is to be a fly on the wall during labor and delivery capturing the priceless moments throughout.
That is EXACTLY what I wanted. Nothing posed, nothing contrived. Everything taken in the moment with pure emotion.
And that is exactly what I got.
All photos taken by our fabulous birth photographer Chelle Hamilton.
9 comments:
oh my gosh! love this! Totally captures all the emotions. And I love the pics near the end of you holding your little girl...cutest mommy! So excited for you guys.
Those photos are amazing! I didn't even know such a thing existed! I totally wish I would have had that done. You little girl is beautiful and I love all her hair.
These are amazing!
Oh I love it. It made me cry!
I love this!!!! & Alyssa, you look amazing!
This is beyond perfect!!! My also-pregnant BFF is visiting right now and we watched it together and were both crying like ten seconds into the video. It's just so sweet! You have the most beautiful little family ever, and these pictures catch all of those beautiful, precious moments so well. I'm so happy you went with a birth photographer! Best decision ever.
And also? You look AMAZING just moments after giving birth, you lucky lady! It's easy to see where Makenna gets it from. She is gorgeous!
Aaaand one more thing. I'm like 99% sure we met a few times while you and April were playing soccer together, like "Hey! This is Jo, this is Ashley." But that hardly counts because I was just the little sister and we weren't friends yet, and now I'm just mostly jealous that April got to visit you and Makenna already.
ohhhh my gosh, makenna is SO precious! these pictures are amazing.
I loved these! I especially love the one where you first see her--the look on your face is priceless. Made me tear up to see it.
Those are so adorable! I've been begging my sister to do birth pics for me but that's just not her thing and I'm still unsure about having a stranger in there with me...really everyone in the room is a stranger so it shouldn't matter! Haha. The pictures really are perfect! Shane looked like such a happy Dad! Congrats again!!
Post a Comment