Friday, April 5, 2013

Littlest Snow Angel

I do my best to keep Makenna awake following her feedings so she can learn to fall asleep on her own without my help.  The first couple of weeks it was pretty easy to come up with new things to keep her awake - read to her, put her in the bouncy chair, talk to her, turn her into my puppet by having her lead the music playing in the background, explain to her everything I was currently doing, etc.  However, after doing that several times over I needed something new.

It snowed a couple weeks back and in my desperation to find a new post feeding activity, I remembered my sister had passed along an outrageous pink snowsuit from my niece's collection of clothes.  While the suit was much to big for Makenna, I figured it might be the only time it could be put to use.  So, after a feeding, I bundled her up and we headed out to make snow angels. 

I was laughing the entire time!  She would move her arms and legs and given that the material is stiff and maintains its shape she looked like a little robot dolly randomly moving her limbs that had little paddles on the ends.

I'm really hoping we have a huge spring snow storm so this formerly outrageous but now totally awesome snowsuit can get some more use.  Oh, and whoever thought baby sunglasses were frivolous and of zero use, they came in quite handy and really complete the look.  Thanks Mimi!

2 comments:

Anna Katerina said...

"turn her into my puppet" ---hahahah

and that picture is ADORABLE.

Angie said...

Makes me think of A Christmas Story. "I can't put my arms down!!" hahaha