Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A lot less blogging

Shane and I ARE still alive. The blogging has dropped of dramatically b/c I have very little time for things like this and Shane doesn't really have easy access to the internet. I do solemnly promise to post pictures of my "family" and "home" soon as well as keep you posted on our happenings.

School is going well. It is really odd to be walking down the hall and see people I recognize still going to school here. I keep thinking to myself, "Why are they STILL here? Can't they graduate already?" Then I realize they might be thinking the same of me. I love that while much has changed at UVU, there are still things that haven't changed a bit.
1. The free lot bus driver still listens to classic country and wears big, cheapo gold sunglasses.
2. The first week of school everyone went to class and now only 1/4 go.
3. Cars slowly creep through the institute lot following students like vultures hoping to get their prized parking space.
4. The hall of flags is still a catwalk.
5. You see more BYU hats and t-shirts worn than UV apparel.

12 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey, I'm glad you're back. I will now live vicariously through you, since I would much rather do school than full-time work. Excellent.

Jer said...

Hey Alyssa, it's good to hear you're alive and well! We miss you in the ward--but we're surviving. Keep us posted on the exciting happenings of your college life!

Angie said...

hahaha, i love your assessment of UVU. those are all so true! hope things continue to go well!

Unknown said...

oh good old uvsc hasnt changed even though the status has. thats awesome. i wanna come back and be a student again.... well maybe! have fun walkin the catwalk

Brooke said...

You're back! I found your blog off Facebook! Love your post, some things will just never change at UVU!

Kera said...

that would be so weird to be back there! how long will you be there?

Anonymous said...

Hey cute girl. Sooo good to hear from you. You look so good and so happy. You are a doll. I really enjoyed getting to know you. Lots of love.

The Hammonds said...

You have just brought back so many memories. Good for you! Congrats on making that decision. You should talk to Teryn...She's a dental hygienist. You look so cute in all of your pictures. I love your hair!

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

ahoy there Markham`s! How are you doing? Are you two still away from each other or is Shane back in Utah now with you? How is life? We miss you guys!

Heidi said...

That's crazy you're back in Utah again. So, you're doing a new program, huh. It's funny because I think if I ever planned on going back to work, despite my degree, I would probably end up back in some other program to do something else too. Hope you're having a great time in Utah, glad I can keep up with you.

Brooke said...

We for sure should get together. That totally sucks you guys are away from each other for so long. Let me know when he gets in and we'll plan something!

Katie (Feuz) Nielsen said...

Alyssa! Thanks for the comment...I'm glad you found our blog. I think I just read your entire blog and you guys are so cute! Hope you're doing well!