We rode in a pontoon type boat for an hour cruising around the swamp. We saw probably 10 alligators and got to hold a baby gator. It certainly wasn't your high thrill adventure, but it was cool to see alligators in their habitat and watch them swim right up to the boat. (They are just like any animal, if you feed them, they keep coming back!)
Shane with a baby gator
I hope I never find myself in water like this!
Swamp guide "calling" a gator over. This guy or gal was medium size. (I never really thought that alligators could be ladies. Just like most everyone thinks all dogs are guys and cats are girls...alligators are all dudes to me.)
Tourist Fact: Most everyone is buried above ground since it is below sea level here. If someone is buried in the ground, a big concrete slab is put over the grave to prevent the coffin from floating up. My dear friend Kristen is so nicely showing how the concrete slab grave looks in the picture below.


4 comments:
So many fun adventures! It seems like such a different place. So unique! Glad you guys are enjoying yourselves!
I'm loving your stories! Hey, I guest played for someone tonight and played against our pal Kelley! Sure made me wish you would come back sooner! Let me know when you get back! Miss ya!
You're brave ..... eating 147-year-old beignets!!!!! HA
ahhhhhhh!!! how scary is that!
Post a Comment