Thursday, December 24, 2009

Halloween, Thanksgiving, and other random happenings

Christmas is almost here, so I'm using my break to update.
Kita was a princess for halloween. We bought this princess hat (notice the fake hair) on clearance 2 years ago. Shane and I just about peed our pants laughing when we put it on her in the store. Now we put it on at least once a year...If you didn't already guess, Kita will be a princess for halloween next year.

Thanksgiving was spent in Puerto Vallarta. It was Ed and Mindi's Christmas present to all of us kids. We were so thrilled to go!

We spent an afternoon in Sayulitas which is a surfing town in Mexico. Ryan and Shane surfed. The rest of us boogie boarded.Cody, Kara, and Shane all on the same wave. Shane is crashing here, but watch the video to see him ride a wave! Footage of Shane catching a wave. Cody catches it with his boogie board at the end. How fun!

I searched all summer for a big brim hat to keep the sun off my face. I now have one. My mom says I look like the ultimate urban socialite. "Somebody get me daiquiri...now!!" I love Mexican sunsets!
Mindi and Me. I really like this picture. Not sure why. Just do.
This picture puts a smile on my face. Hello Ryan... We went to church. Here is our proof. Too bad we were 2 hours early. Needless to say, we didn't wait around.We kept our eyes open for good Christmas card pictures. This one wasn't a winner, but it was fun to try and pack us all on the ladder.This guy belongs on Pearl Street! He was covered in sand and would hold perfectly still until you gave him a tip. He talked like C3PO. Hehe!Everyone eating at PiPi's. Definatly not true Mexican food, but I'm a sucker for TexMex.A winning Christmas card shot. What a good lookin' group, if I do say so myself!


This didn't make the Christmas card either, but I still like it.

This is the best picture ever!! I pretty sure I don't need to explain why.What a handsome dude!
RANDOM: Shane and I have a lovely jacuzzi tub...

...this is what it gets used for. We love you Kita!

P.S. We also went Zip-lining in Mexico...those pictures will be posted this week. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Angie said...

I love the ladder picture! Totally Christmas card worthy. Haha. Looks like such an amazing trip!

Pamela said...

You will see many of the same pictures in the calendar that is taking foreverrrr to arrive. We will mail it to you as soon as it arrives :) I loved you card and it is fun following your blog! Take care
Pam and Tom

Robyn and Clint said...

We went to Puerto Vallarta on our honeymoon and I loved it! It's so fun there and so gorgeous! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!!

Kera said...

thats where we spent our last thanksgiving. we loved it. great pictures. a good looking group of kids :)

Chris & Carolyn said...

fun! i love all the pics. looks like you guys had a blast. i love your big brimmed hat, i should totally get one for coaching in hawaii. haha.

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

That is so cool that you went to Puerto Vallarta! We are actually there right now for our Christmas/New Years break!! We are loving it.

Courtney said...

Kita hates you. She told me.