I know you are all dying to see the pictures of 5 Markhams and 2 Wests flying hundreds of feet over the beautiful Mexican countryside.
The Crew

Ryan already had it down on the first line.
Cody seems pleased, and full of peace.
Kara in perfect zip-lining form.

This is what we zipped over. So beautiful!

Gotta love the facial expressions. Between this pic. and the one below, it is obvious Shane is comfortable with doing whatever! 

Pogi. What a happy guy!
It was fun to be back in climing/rappel gear. I kept my legs straight and crossed my ankles. My rappel instructor would be so proud!
You can see the tiny man on the line if you look closely. I show you this pic. b/c I know you are thinking that zip-lining is a pansy thing. It isn't. We were HUNDREDS of feet off of the ground. You should be thinking that all of us are brave. VERY brave!


So, one of the zip-lines ran so low to the water that some could reach down and touch it. Ed touched it.
Shane touched it, no problemo.
(This is my most favorite pic.) Ryan didn't exacly touch it. Or come close. LOL!! Ryan, I love how you joke about your shortness.
Kylie, you look so calm, happy, and beautiful! One would never guess that you rode a line upside down!!

We rode mules back to the top after all our zip-lining fun. I instantly fell in love with my mule, Chupeta. (It's ok, Kita knows.) They didn't get a good picture of Chu, but Shane sure is a wild cowboy on his mule, Muchacho.

I was at first skeptical if zip-lining would as fun as rappeling, and that it would be worth the cost. However, I found out it is just as fun as rapelling and it was worth the cost. We all had a ton of fun, the views were breath taking, and crusing at high speeds through the Mexican air was something I could do everyday.
4 comments:
Wow, that looks like so much fun! And so beautiful!
Lets Go Back:)
Awesome pix and experience Alyssa! I've always wanted to go Ziplining, but have definitely heard that you do have to be brave!! It's scarier than it looks. There are 2 zipline adventures here on Maui. I really wonder if i would ever actually do it once i got there. Happy New year Markhams!!
How fun! I love the picture of Shane and his hand framing his face...totally reminds me of what all the Filipino children would do in all my pictures! :)
Post a Comment