Friday, February 19, 2010

The Flip Turn

Just as a side note: The money Shane earns from this business will be going to help the people in the Philippines. He served his mission there and has a deep love for the people. He wants to help them in anyway possible.

So here's what you do:
1.Get your blog set up with the service for free.
2. Boost your self-esteem
3. Help others much less fortunate by doing so

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the reason that no one is commenting is because we already have google analytics on our site. It's really easy to put on and there are a lot of free tutorials out there to do it. But maybe there isn't someone out there that has the time it takes to set it up and needs Shane's services. But I think it's great what you are doing for those in the Philippines.

Kera said...

we would love his services :)

Angie said...

I already set up analytics on my blog, it was really easy for me to do myself. But I can see how someone like my mom, who knows nothing about technology and can barely navigate to a website by herself without accidentally clicking on a link or quitting the browser, would totally benefit from shane's services. I think your only problem is preaching to the wrong audience. There are a lot of people who would probably love to take advantage of a business that sets up analytics for them, I just don't know if the 20-something-year-old, tech-savvy readers of your blog are among them. The other problem is that your target market, probably doesn't even know they need this service or what analytics is or even that something like analytics even exists. That's my input, from the perspective of an Advertising professional's wife. Hehe. Always thinking about the advertising/marketing side and targeting the right audience. Good luck to Shane and Flip Turn! I think it's so great that his business is benefitting people in need.

Kevin said...

I agree with Angie, I guess it's like if I were to start a company trying to get college kids to pay for me to set up a Gmail account for them. I'm sure there is a market to help computer illiterate people with this type of thing, but people who have blogs are pretty tech savvy.

Shane said...

Lol. I guess I am "preaching to the wrong audience." Google Analytics is way easy to set up and I am glad you all have it. I know many of the people I have talked to about the program have not heard of it. My dad, uncle, and high school buddy love it on their business websites. Just thought it would be a good way to raise some funds for the Philippines. Thanks for the comments.