Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Forgetting a final - not a good idea

Have you ever forgotten about a final? I hadn't until Monday.

I got to school early on Monday morning to study for a final at 9am. At 8:45am I realized I didn't know when my Psychology 1010 final was. (I never go to Psych b/c it is a BIG waste of my time.) I looked up my class and discovered that the final was online but that it closed at 9am that morning. I immediately felt sick to my stomach.

I had 15 min to take a 75 question test I had done zero studying for, and I had another final to take at 9am.

I quickly started the exam. I figured I'd get as many questions answered as possible and hope that I would score decently so I wouldn't screw my GPA up after 6 years of college. I barely read the questions and guessed as best I could. I thought the test would end at 9am but luckily it didn't. I was able to answer all the questions and use wikipedia for the ones I was clueless on. I submitted the test and ran to my other final which had now been going for 30 min.

Upon returning from my final (which I felt pretty good about) I looked at what I had scored for Psych. I got 60/75. I was shocked I did that well and thought maybe I could still pull an A. I added up all my points and discovered I was 2 points short of an A. BIG FROWNY FACE.

I've been so responsible with school my whole life and the one time I forgot something, it happened to be a final. Go figure.

Before accepting defeat I wandered to my Psych website. I noticed a post about extra credit. I clicked on the link with a hopeful heart but with a realistic attitude that I had probably missed my opportunity to do the extra credit. To my excitement, there was a 15 point extra credit assignment that I could turn in. HALLELUJAH!!!

Lesson: If you are going to ditch class make sure you know when the tests are!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

hahahaha! Of course you get lucky and are able to do EC, too!

Angie said...

Oh my gosh, that would stress me out so much! That moment when you realize you've almost missed (or did miss) a test is so sickening. I have experienced that once or twice. It especially sucks for people like us who are so anal about our grades! Hehe. I'm so glad you were able to do the extra credit. If anyone deserves an A it is you!

The Stones said...

hahaha! You would be the LAST person on earth that would ever forget about a final! Guess you are human! Good thing it all worked out.

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Your story sounds all too familiar! This is exactly the kind of thing that would happen to me. But it sure is neat how even though you screw something huge up like missing a final, somehow the Lord looks out for you. I always found that if I did all I could and then trusted that God would wrap up all the loose ends, everything would work out in my favor. It's the only fool proof way to get through college!

Bytheway, great work on all those papers/tests! That is so awesome that you get to learn so much from your amazing professors!