We had breakfast at Magleby's and then Shane and I packed up and left for a weekend get-away at Lake Panguitch. Our friends have a cabin there and are so generous to let us use it! We invited at least 5 other couples but no one could make it. We were sad about that, but of course, it was fun with just the 2 of us.
We hit rain, snow, and clear skies on our way. I decided that if I was a cow I would want to graze at the base of that mountain. Who's with me?
This is for Kara - my sister-in-law. We stopped at Larry's in Fillmore. I was perturbed when I saw a seagull hopping around Larry's parking lot with only one leg. How on Earth does a seagull lose a leg?
Due to the crick Shane was getting in his neck and the burning in his fingers, he altered his wienie roasting approach. He got it so he didn't have to hold on to the roaster. Shane is mister problem solver. To wear out Kita, Shane threw rocks into a snowbank. She dug until she found it. It was really funny to Shane and me how she would dig and put her head way down in the hole. I 'm sure no one is nearly as entertained by Kita as we are, but I have to post videos of her for my own sake, as lame as it is.

We played at least 5 games of hand and foot and watched several movies. My favorite was "Dances with Wolves." I hadn't seen that movie and Shane could only remember a few parts. I for sure cried. 
Kita didn't get to run around as much as we hoped. We decided to have her run in front of the car as we left the cabin. I'm sure it is incredibly irresponsible to have your dog run on a public road in front of your car, but we justify our actions with the fact that Kita is AMAZING! Mostly though, we are just lazy dog owners.
Shane always talks about how awesome it would have been to be a homesteader back in the day. We decided this would be his little homestead house. I like indoor plumbing too much to want to homestead.
Random giraffes as a lawn ornament. We also saw tractors with skeletons driving them. I love the small town weirdness. In a big town people would get upset about these things and then make a law in their HOA to prohibit them. In these small towns, anything goes.
This house sits right off the interstate in Nephi. I love the house but Shane and I keep thinking, "If you can afford a house that big wouldn't you want to put it somewhere where the view isn't the interstate?" Maybe we just don't understand. We had a great time relaxing and playing at the cabin. We plan to go again in the summer sometime. We would love people to go with us!






14 comments:
Jeff always wants to go there!
happy Birthday!! (quarter of a century sounds old;0) Looks like a great time. Hard to believe it is still cold and snowin in some parts. That video of Kita diggin was funny.
P.S. in response to your comment on my last post: yea, we put little candies in the shoes, and a little tag that said "The worth of souls is great in the sight of God" I need to post the website I found the shoe patterns on.
Happy Birthday Alyssa! (I looked at your blog off of SarahLynn's...) Looks like you're having a great time!
Becky
YEAH for Larrys!:)
Happy Birthday Again:)
It looks like you guys had a great time at the cabin, I wish we could have made it(maybe next year).
Hope to see you soon!
First off, I'm offended that I wasn't invited. What, baby poop offends you? Me too.
Second off, I laughed my head off of the video of Kita running in front of the car. Honestly, the funniest thing ever.
Court - we didn't invite you b/c #1 I figured you'd shoot me down, #2 I'm extremely offended by baby poop and #3 I was afraid you'd love Kita more than Rip once you met her.
I'm glad you enjoyed the video of Kita!
Ahh, The cabin! We'll be there in August, I can't wait. Mike & I always say the EXACT same thing about that house on the interstate...maybe we should ask them why the heck they decided on that location. Crazy! Happy Happy Birthday! Hope it was the best! We need to meet up soon & party!
Quarter of a Century in years but much, much wiser than that!!! ;) Love you... AND honestly, I busted up laughing at kita running. I imagined the conversation going on in the car.... so that added to the humor!
Happy happy birthday! A trip away together is a perfect way to celebrate and it looks like you guys had an awesome time. How fun! I am wondering if there are two lakes in southern utah called Panguitch, because growing up my family spent a lot of time at Panguitch Lake, but I've never heard it called Lake Panguitch. They could very possibly be two different lakes. I am intrigued. Was yours on Cedar Mountain? Haha I'm so curious!
Happy Birthday!!! I looks like you had a blast! Hope you are doing awesome!
Alyssa, I am indeed coming to Utah this summer! I haven't purchased flights yet but It will be sometime in the last two weeks of July. Most likely the second to last week, since the last week my parents will be out of town. We should try to get together!
And thanks for pointing out that "lonely" typo. I can't believe I didn't notice that! But I don't look at my own blog very often and I guess it would only show up for a little while after every post. Annnnyway I need to get Klane to fix it. He's the one who put that whole thing together - not that I'm pointing fingers or anything..... ;)
Happy 25, Alyssa!! I'm so glad you had a great b-day!!
Looks like you had fun. I love reading your blog and keeping up with your busy lives. Glad all is well. Hugs Pam (and Tom in CA)
so you guys like the game hand and foot too?! we love it!! we should really get together and play it and then eat great food!! you should let us know when you are free! ps. kyle got a job at byu so we may be moving closer.. although probably not all the way to provo..yet
Post a Comment