Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day and dinner on the patio

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. While we should love and honor our mothers everyday, I'm glad there is a specific day set aside to specifically honor them.

I'm forever grateful to my mom for being my best friend and teaching me so many wonderful things. I'm also grateful to my mother-in-law who is equally amazing to my mom. I continue to learn from my mom and now I learn much from Shane's mom.

The evenings are so beautiful here so Shane and I take every opportunity to eat on our back patio. Food just tastes better when sitting in the warm sun.

Eating outside always reminds me of my childhood. I grew up on a lake where we had people over and ate down by the lake. The view is slightly different today than it was in my childhood, but I still love it.

Today's view

The view I grew up with.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Both views look gorgeous! You're lucky you grew up on a lake, that's awesome.

Speaking of lakes, that's so funny about Panguitch Lake! I thought it might be the same one... If you want me to tag along as a third wheel then July is perfect! Haha, Klane is not coming with me to Utah, I've planned too many vacations this summer and taken up all his vacation days. He might be able to swing a long weekend but that's about it, I think. Too many trips is a good problem to have, I guess!

Angie said...

I know just what you mean about starting training and being so sore. I was just the same when I started in march! I hadn't done any running for about 6 months but for some reason I was still in the mindset that I could do 3 miles, no problem. That first week I was only running 2-3 miles and I was soooo sore!! But I guess it means you're doing something, right? That's awesome you're training, good luck! It's so motivating and fun!