I missed the bus my first morning. Oops. (Being all grown up doesn't mean the bus waits for you.) I was about 50 ft. from the stop when the bus flew by. You've got to be at the sign and on time for them to stop! Shane drove me to school and I prayed I'd make it on the right bus to get home. (I had this fear I'd get on a bus and end up on I-15 headed to SLC.)
This sign is incredibly intimidating to a novice of public transportation. SO MANY BUSES!
I got on the right bus and in all honesty, I was smiling from ear to ear. I have no idea why. I really must be easily amused to be smile about getting on a UTA bus for the first time. We wound our way around Orem and Provo and 30 min. later I made it home. (Driving my own car takes me 20 min. to get home.)
Today was the first day I caught the bus to school. Shane pulled up in my 'rolla and was giggling at me standing at the bus stop. He said he thought I was so cute. I think he looks cute in my old car. 
Here comes the bus!
The bus driver seemed perturbed that I took a pic of the bus. He must not be a blogger.
The bus is pretty much empty all the time. BYU students only ride for a few min. I ride from almost the start of the line to the end. I get to see all the people getting on and off. Most of the time I'm alone.
My friend Angie lives in NY and she gets to see all sorts of interesting things in the public transportation world. Maybe something fun will happen on the UTA bus...
P.S. Shane will be saving gas money by biking to work once all the rain stops.
7 comments:
hey! Thad too! He's actually excited to get to be outside on the way to work in the nice weather...
Way to ride the bus! Scott rides the bike/bus too. It's a good way to go
I also find it strange that you took pictures of the bus.
If I were the driver, I would have kicked you off.
Haha, I just imagined you as a bus driver Court. That would be quite a sight and I would for sure take your picture!
I'm sad you didn't come to soccer. Shane would have watched Rip and we wouldn't have had to play down a man. We lost due to that fact. It was sad.
Smart girl, saving money is super smart! P.S. Love you for following my blogs. xoxo
This post made me smile so much! I'm proud of you for joining the public transportation club. It is totally confusing and nervewracking at first huh!! You feel like you're going to accidentally be taken across town to the wrong place. My friend Chrisine took the bus from south Provo to UVU all the way through Hygiene school! This will be a sweet deal for you. It makes me sad that more people don't take advantage of it there! It would save money and cause less pollution if everyone would hop on board (pun intended)!
I just love your posts, it makes me feel like we are talking to each other and its just another funny story that we would be laughing about! Good for you saving some green!
P.S. You forgot to take a picture of you on the bus!
Post a Comment