I feel immensely blessed with the jobs that I have. They aren't glamorous jobs and they don't bring in big bucks, but they are both answers to earnest prayers.
My title at my first job is "lead lab tech/lab tech manager." My job includes sitting in an office and doing my homework. This has been a huge blessing with the amount of credits I've been taking. As an added bonus, just last week my boss changed my job responsibilities to keeping track of the teams in the World Cup and watching the games! Occasionally, I "work." My work includes making schedules, spreadsheets, and monitoring the other lab techs. My boss is incredibly nice and we get a good laugh out of something everyday.
My second job title is "COMM 1020 grader." I got this job by saying hi to my online COMM 1020 professor when I ran into him at the UVU home expo. Getting this job was one of those tender mercies of Heavenly Father....
Shane and I are big believers in following dreams because we only get to live once. As such, Shane has searched diligently to find a career he loves. This has meant he isn't working a job he hates just so he can make money. Instead, we chose to sacrifice income so he could find where his happiness in work lies.
....Getting the job as a grader showed us that Heavenly Father knows us and knows our desires. I'm able to work my 2 jobs at the same time and the income covers our monthly costs. Shane is able to develop his business and find joy in work. And together we support each others dreams and goals.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined."
- Henry Thoreau
4 comments:
yay for jobs! you guys are very blessed and way to go to show gratitude.
Wow, what a blessing! I'm so happy that you're so happy. Good for Shane for going for his dreams and doing what he really wants to be doing.
That is really cool!! I'm glad you two are so happy. How lucky that you get paid to do homework!
I'm glad you have been so blessed with good jobs. You're about to have a dream job!! Are you enjoying the world cup? All of our favorites have already gotten booted. :(
Post a Comment