I have thought quite a bit lately about the divine heritage within each of us.
I have struggled to see the divine heritage when I have interacted with certain people. I forget that we all have a different background, we all have had different experiences that have shaped who we are, we all act and react differently b/c we are different. The actions of others can be frustrating, odd, and even inflict harm on us, but no matter what another person does, it doesn't change the fact that they are divine. They are the children of our Heavenly Father who loves them and sees the best in them. I don't pretend that knowing we are all divine makes the terrible actions of others ok. It does however increase the amount of love, understanding, and hope I have for those around me who I struggle to "get."
The Mormon message on lds.org is about our true identity. Who are we really? "You are sons and daughters of the greatest, most glorious being in the universe." -Elder Uchtdorf
I like how C.S. Lewis put it, "There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. It is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, exploit."
I have struggled to see the divine heritage when I have interacted with certain people. I forget that we all have a different background, we all have had different experiences that have shaped who we are, we all act and react differently b/c we are different. The actions of others can be frustrating, odd, and even inflict harm on us, but no matter what another person does, it doesn't change the fact that they are divine. They are the children of our Heavenly Father who loves them and sees the best in them. I don't pretend that knowing we are all divine makes the terrible actions of others ok. It does however increase the amount of love, understanding, and hope I have for those around me who I struggle to "get."
The Mormon message on lds.org is about our true identity. Who are we really? "You are sons and daughters of the greatest, most glorious being in the universe." -Elder Uchtdorf
I like how C.S. Lewis put it, "There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. It is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, exploit."
1 comment:
What a great post! I love this video. Thanks for the reminder and good dose of the Spirit for the day.
Post a Comment