Friday, February 4, 2011

Crafty Jo

I think I have an addictive personality. When I discover something I like, I tend to go overboard. Like how I recently discovered Grey's Anatomy while almost simultaneously discovering netflix. I feel like I NEED to get caught up in the fictitious lives of Meredith, Christina, McDreamy, and all the other dramatic characters who can't seem to make 2 good decisions in a row. I tell myself, "This will be the last episode you watch" and then I say that again the next day. Yeah I'm addicted.

Then there was the time I met Shane. I was instantly hooked. I'm embarrassed to say I was borderline stalker with him. I made him a one month anniversary present when we weren't even exclusive. Wow. I was that girl. (Ok,ok, I'm still that girl.) Oh and I wrote the message "I missed you" in glow-in-the-dark-stars (you know that ones that were so in back in 2000) on his ceiling while he was on a trip. At that point I think we had been dating for maybe 2 months. (We still weren't exclusive.) I'm surprised he didn't get a new number and run for the hills.

And then there was the time that a friend of mine named Alyssa taught me how to make hair bows. I only made 2 during our craft night together. Ask me how many bows I've for myself since. Seriously, ask me! 16. So, I have a total of 18 bows in my hair accessory drawer. That is the number of bows someone doesn't need. A couple would do. It really would, but I couldn't help myself.
The first batch.

The made out of regular fabric batch.

The synthetic batch.



This blog was supposed to be about my craftiness (and when I say my craftiness I mean my ability to copy great ideas that other people came up with and taught to me) and not about my addictions.

Heather Paulsen taught a select few how to aplique. I love aplique. I don't love the sewing part of aplique - I pretty much suck at that part.



Brittany Scott taught me how to make Be Blocks. This craft was much more involved than we thought it would be. We guessed it would take an hour, tops. It ended up being more like 4 hours. I can't figure out how college educated women thought we could sand, paint, apply vinyl, and modge-podge blocks in an hour. Britts face says it all, "What have we gotten ourselves into?"

The final product was worth the time. I love these!



7 comments:

Taylor and Cami Weight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor and Cami Weight said...

So Fun! Let me know when you guys get together and do crafty things. I'm getting the crafty bug bad lately...some call it nesting :) Love and miss you!

Kara and Cody Markham said...

I love Crafty Jo:) The flowers and block are really cute.
And about this Greys Anatomy. I kept seeing it on recently watched and so I decided to watch an episode and see if I liked it. Im hooked... Thanks:)

The Stones said...

Those blocks are so cute! I want them!!! Great work!

Mike & Britt said...

I love it all! You did such a great job and those blocks are adorable-I'd give four hours of my time to have cute blocks like that! (: Keep crafting, it's SO fun!!

Angie said...

Your crafts are so cute. I totally know what you mean about becoming easily addicted to things. I get that way when I find a blog I like (I'll go back to the beginning and read through all their posts for the last four years), with random shows I find on Netflix, things like that. I've got to figure out how to redirect this obsessiveness into something productive. Your crafts are a good example. And your obsessing over Shane made me giggle!

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Yay! I've re-discovered your blog. hehe I love those Be Blocks - nice job! All your crafts look great! Addictive can be a good thing! :D